If you have disproportional ears due to genetics or an accident or any form of injury and wish to make the ears on each side to be symmetrical
It is able to improve the proportion, size, and shape of the ear and overall repair any disfigured ears
Some risk and complications are blood clots, infection, overcorrection, contour distortion, hearing loss (very rare)
There are home-made remedies using adhesive material to fold back the ears or manipulate the shape and a non-suture technique.
There are no other surgical techniques.
You can see pre and post-operative result in our office, on my website, or during consultation
No, it should not when performed properly
It should last a lifetime
If you are older than 16 years, it should range from $3,500 – $4,000
The incisions are made on the back of the ear, where the ear cartilage will be removed or sutured, in order to reshape the ear.
There will be some swelling after the surgery but the results are noticeable right away when the bandages are removed
Recovery time should take around 3 months, in order for all the swelling to subside
The swelling should go down dramatically the first week and will take a full 3 months for all minor swelling to disappear.
There is moderate pain but medication will be provided to help manage with this
환자는 통증을 돕기 위해 Tylenol, Tylenol 3, Percocet를 추가로 섭취 할 수 있습니다.
The scars from the incision are usually well hidden behind the ears
수술은 외래 환자 절차입니다. 환자는 수술에서 깨어나서 떠날 준비가 될 때까지 몇 시간 동안 진료소에 보관됩니다.
You should be able to get back to 80% of your daily activities within one week. I encourage my patients to ambulate and resume light activities within a few days after surgery. We recommend that you do not do any heavy exercise or weight lift for 3 weeks
In general, you should not drive the first 48 hours after surgery. Also if you are taking heavy necrotic, one should not be driving. Most of my clients are usually driving after 3 to 4 days.
Patients can return to their normal routine within 1-2 weeks.
My procedure is usually done under general anesthesia but spine and region with sedation are also possible.
All my patients see the anesthesiologist before but usually on the day of surgery. For one who has special needs, I frequently arrange for consultation with anesthesiologist a few days before surgery.
Your medication list will be reviewed prior to surgery.
The decision to stop your medications will be discussed when your medications are reviewed.
For my patients, general lab tests such as CBC, electrolytes, liver function, INR, PTT, cardiogram are fairly routine, Other tests may be ordered if one has special medical condition.
My anesthesiologist and I prefer that one stop eating and drinking 6 hours before surgery. One can take medication with a small sip of water if the medication is indicated before surgery
We recommend that you arrive 30 minutes before your surgery. We will also try you on your mobile phone if the time of surgery has been changed.
You can call my office for direction. Our address is available online and one can also use mobile app for direction
You need someone to take you home after surgery as driving is not permitted.
- 집과 직장에서 누군가가 책임을 돌 보도록 준비하십시오
- It is a good idea to have someone take care of responsibilities at home and at work until you are ready to take care of these.
- Arrange for someone to take you home from the hospital. Arrange for someone to stay with you the first night after surgery
- 다른 질문이 있으면 의사에게 연락하십시오
- You are given a number to call and /or text me after surgery.
- 수술 후 10 일 이내에 아프면 의사에게 알리십시오 (감기와 같은 경미한 질병도)
- I like to have close contact with our patients. If you have any concern after your surgery, please contact our office.
- 의사의 조언에 따라 식사 및 / 또는 음주를 중단하십시오
- My anesthesiologist and I prefer that one stop eating and drinking 6 hours before surgery. One can take medication with a small sip of water if the medication is indicated before surgery
- 수술 24 시간 전에 담배를 피우거나 술을 마시지 마십시오.
- I like having our clients stop smoking one week before surgery and two weeks after. If you cannot stop completely as least try to decrease the amount you smoke. It is a good idea to abstain from alcohol 24 hours before surgery.
- 의사의 연락처 정보가 있는지 확인하십시오
- 방문객을 위해 병원 / 사무실로가는 지시 사항이 있는지 확인하십시오
It usually takes 1 to 2 hours.
Our clients usually wake up within 10 minutes at the end of the procedure.
You usually wake up within 10 minutes from the procedure, and your family can see you within an hour from the procedure.
I usually start antibiotics in the operating room, and you may take oral antibiotics for another 48 hours.
- 이름과 생년월일로 신원이 확인되었는지 확인하십시오.
- 절차가 확인되었는지 확인하십시오
- 수술 부위가 정확한지 확인하십시오
- 알레르기 및 부작용 확인
- 사전 동의 양식을 이해하고 서명했는지 확인하십시오
You will have time to review the consent and I like to make sure you understand and have asked all the questions that you may have.
나는 보통 수술 후 방문에서 수술 후 1-2 일과 함께 회복실에서 환자와 대화하여 수술 방법을 설명합니다.
This depends on your medical conditions and I will discuss this with you at your pre operative consultation.
나는 보통 출혈을 일으킬 수있는 약물을 제외하고 평소 약물을 계속 복용하는 것을 좋아합니다. 이 문제에 대해 더 논의하겠습니다.
You can drink water and liquid shortly after the procedure.
My procedure is usually as an outpatient and you will be staying for a few hours after. I only let my patient go home if they are ready.
You need to meet all the discharge criteria before you can go home.
You will be given intra-operative medication; local block and oral and parental pain medication to make sure you are comfortable.
You should have the medication filled before the day of surgery.
Any mediation that can cause bleeding or alternate your medical condition need to be stopped or changed before surgery. I will be discussing with you in detail at pre-operative visit.
Just keep the area clean and dry.
Keep the head elevated with high pillows and wearing a protective head band can help reduce any chance of unintentional rubbing or pulling of the ear
Taking your pain medication can help relive any discomfort you may have and avoid any contact with the area
I usually send you home with oral pain medication and some antibiotics.
The bandages are usually removed at your first follow-up appointment
No. The sutures will remain permanently.
It is advised that vigorous activity should be avoided for a few weeks and our patient can do light activities at home.
Sexual activity can be resumed after a few weeks when majority of the swelling has subside
Patients may go back to work after the surgery one week but this may be longer if their work is physically demanding
You can usually drive 48 hours after surgery as long as you are not any narcotic medication.
- 의료진이 치료 전후에 손을 씻도록하십시오
- 진통제를 요청하기 전에 통증이 심해질 때까지 기다리지 마십시오.
- 의료진이 방을 떠나기 전에 통화 버튼이 손이 닿는 곳에 있는지 확인하십시오.
- 현기증을 예방하기 위해 일어나기 전에 몇 분 동안 침대 가장자리에 앉으십시오.
- 약하거나 어지럽다면 도움없이 침대에서 일어나지 마십시오.
- 화씨 100.4도 이상의 열이 있습니다.
- 숨가쁨 또는 흉통이 있음
- 수술 절개 부위의 발적, 부기, 따뜻함 또는 통증이 증가한 것을 알 수 있습니다
- 절개가 분리되거나 절개에서 퇴원에 감염된 것을 알 수 있습니다.
- 붕대에 반복적으로 피가 묻어 있습니다.
- Your ears feel numb or cold
- 기존 진통제가 통제 할 수없는 통증이 있습니다
- 처방 된대로 통증 및 기타 약물 복용
- 처방전 진통제 복용시 운전하지 마십시오
- 수술 후 10 일 동안 목욕하거나 몸을 담그지 마십시오.
- Keep your incision clean and dry
- Follow your doctor’s instructions on caring for the bandages on your ear
- Follow your doctor’s instructions on your sleeping position to help you avoid discomfort while sleeping
- 의사가 조언하는 한 격렬한 운동과 무거운 짐을 피하십시오
- 정상적인 일상 활동 재개에 대한 의사의 지시를 따르십시오.
- 성행위 재개에 대한 의사의 지시를 따르십시오.