FAQ: Skin Tags
You will receive injected pain medication into your abdominal wall during surgery and the evening of your surgery, you will be very comfortable. I usually prescribe Tylenol 3 and Percocet for a few days to a few weeks after surgery depending on your pain tolerance.
If you are concerned with the small bump of soft skin growth on your skin and wish to remove it
This procedure will remove the skin tags present on your skin
The risk/complications for this procedure is minimal since it is simple and quick. Regardless of any procedure, there will always be a risk for infection.
You may choose to undergo other forms of treatments like freezing, burning or tying off
Skin tags are natural and common, it poses no adverse health effects to the individual so it is up to the patient how soon they wish to proceed with this procedure
You can resort to either freezing or tying off or leaving the skin tag the way it is
Nothing, the skin tag will remain
I prefer surgically cutting off the skin tag.
This will depend on the patient. Factors that may increase the chances of reoccurring skin tags are the weight, age and genetics of the patient
Sometimes, depending on the location but they are usually small and faint
It should not take more than 30 minutes, depending on how many skin tags you wish to remove
This should be discussed during consultation since it is dependent on the location, size, and the amount of skin tags needed to be removed
None to minimal
Patients may take Tylenol extra strength
You should be able to return back to your normal routine right away
A local anesthetic is used
Yes, your medication list will be reviewed during your consultation and your preoperative appointments. Please notify your surgeon of any changes or new medications at your preoperative appointment.
History and physical
You should arrive half an hour before your scheduled procedure
Yes, this can also be found on my website or in my office
- Arrange for someone to take care of responsibilities at home and work if needed
- Arrange for someone to take you home from the hospital if needed
- 다른 질문이 있으면 의사에게 연락하십시오
- 의사의 연락처 정보와 클리닉 / 병원 방향을 알고 있는지 확인하십시오.
The procedure should not take more than 30 minutes
- 이름과 생년월일로 신원이 확인되었는지 확인하십시오.
- 절차가 확인되었는지 확인하십시오
- 절차의 올바른 위치가 표시되었는지 확인하십시오
- 알레르기 및 부작용 확인
- 사전 동의 양식을 이해하고 서명했는지 확인하십시오
나는 보통 수술 후 방문에서 수술 후 1-2 일과 함께 회복실에서 환자와 대화하여 수술 방법을 설명합니다.
You may leave the hospital whenever you are ready and have been informed of how your procedure went
Pain is usually not a concern but if you do experience any, you can take Tylenol
Yes, just for antibiotics
Just keep the area dry and clean
I usually like to see my patients 5 days after the procedure to remove any sutures
Yes, if you choose to undergo a technique that requires the use of sutures
You may remove it after 24 hours
- 의료진이 치료 전후에 손을 씻도록하십시오
- 진통제를 요청하기 전에 통증이 심해질 때까지 기다리지 마십시오.
- Do not get up without help if you feel weak or dizzy
- 화씨 100.4도 이상의 열이 있습니다.
- 숨가쁨 또는 흉통이 있음
- You notice increased redness, swelling, warmth, or pain around your procedure site
- You have persistent stiffness, numbness/tingling, or weakness of your affected area
- The edges of your procedure site are pale or darker than normal
- 드레싱이 반복적으로 피에 스며 들었습니다.
- 기존 진통제가 통제 할 수없는 통증이 있습니다
- 처방 된대로 통증 및 기타 약물 복용
- Follow your doctor’s instructions on bathing or swimming
- Follow your doctor’s instructions on caring for your procedure site
- 정상적인 일상 활동 재개에 대한 의사의 지시를 따르십시오.