To reverse facial aging, sagging and heavy jowls and neck laxity. The surgery will help to change an aging square face to more V shape youthful face and to restore areas of the face that are hallowing from aging.
Facelift (necklift) will set back the clock. The cheeks will be more balance and reverse back to a more youthful V shape, firmer and more balance. The neck and jawline will appear smoother and younger.
The risks and complications are similar to other aesthetic surgery. They include local such as skin ischemia and loss and this is more common in smoker, hematoma, and nerve injury asymmetry. The systemic complications include blood clot and PE and other aesthesia risks. In healthy patients in the hands of board-certified Plastic Surgeons, the complication rates are in fact not very high.
Skin care, chemical peels and laser can improve a youthful look with no significant downtime. Botox and filler injections can have a high impact on lines but need to be repeated in intervals.
Laser liposuction of the neck or subdermal tightening with the laser fiber can improve the jaw and neckline without the incisions, general anesthesia, or recovery of facelift. Fat transfer to the face can soften the stigmata of aging and restore volume to depleted cheeks and lips. These surgical options can be done in the office with local anesthesia.
The facelift is done in the subcutaneous plane and the skin is separated from the deep tissue I then mobilize and use resuspend the SMAS. Fat is then used to restore areas where fat and volume are lost due to aging.
The incision length varies with the degree of skin excess. Generally the incision begins at the temporal region extending the edge of the side burn, hugs the inside of the ear, follows the crease of the earlobe and ends in the posterior ear crease.
The incision is planned to maintain the natural hairline and sideburn in their current position. An elevated sideburn is not a youthful look. The hairline behind the ear is not disturbed either.
This surgical should not affect muscle movement. The immediate tightness from shifting the SMAS and subcutaneous dissection usually improves within the first few weeks after surgery.
Yes. There are photos on the website and more in the office.
Yes. Blepharoplasty, fat transfer to the face, chemical peels and laser are commonly done at the same time.
Because skin is excised and SMAS are shifted and tighten, your results will last many years and longer. It also helps if you maintain your skin with skin care products, no smoking, and sun avoidance. Periodic treatments with no invasive procedures such as Botox, fillers, micro laser or chemical peels and IPL can keep your look youthful look. If you lose significant weight, your results may loosen.
Please contact my office for the information.
You will have dressing on your head and neck after surgery.
You should have a normal working appearance at ten days to two weeks.
The majority of the swelling and bruising resolves within ten days to two weeks.
Your face will feel numbness and tight after surgery. The incision may be slightly tender or itchy.
Pain is usually very minimal after surgery. My patients usually do not need to take any narcotic after 72 hours.
You will discuss postoperative pain control with the surgeon at your postoperative appointment with your surgeon and receive a prescription.
There will be scars hidden under the chin, temporal region, under the side burn, inside the ear, and behind the ear.
My patients usually go home once they have recovered from the anesthesia.
You should plan on recovering at home for one week. You cannot plan for heavy exercise for two to three weeks.
You may drive once you stop taking narcotic pain medication and feel able to drive.
You may return to work as early as one week.
I usually use local anesthesia with IV sedation.
You will meet with the anesthesiologist prior to the surgery in the preoperative area. You may arrange to speak to an anesthesiologist by telephone prior to your surgery date.
Yes, we will review the medication list before your surgery.
We will review the medications that will be needed to be stopped prior to the procedure.
History and physical, EKG, CBC, and metabolic panel for patients over 55 years of age. Thyroid panel for patients with thyroid disorders.
수술 시작 최소 6 시간 전 또는 수술 전날 밤 자정까지는 식사를 중단하십시오.
예정된 수술 1 시간 30 분 전에 도착하십시오.
당신은 우리의 웹 사이트에 정보를 얻거나 지시를 내 사무실에 전화 할 수 있습니다.
예. 집으로 운전하고 수술 후 24 시간 동안 머 무르려면 성인이 필요합니다.
- Pack the things you will need in the hospital
- Take time off from work
- Get help around the house during my recovery
- I have a ride home after surgery
- Ask someone to stay with me the first night after surgery
- I have my pre-operative anesthesia clearance (if prescribed)
- I completed my lab tests (if prescribed)
- I know where and what time to go for surgery
- Call my doctor if I have questions
- I know which medications to stop before surgery
- I will call my healthcare team if I am sick or have a fever
- I will stop taking herbal supplements today
- I will stop taking anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs) today
I will stop taking aspirin today
- I will stop taking blood thinners today
- I will not eat or drink anything after midnight
- If I smoke, I will stop smoking six weeks before surgery
I will wear a button-front shirt and loose clothing to the clinic/hospital
Approximately 4 to 6 hours.
일반적으로 수술실에서 1 시간 이내에 회복실에서.
You will receive IV antibiotic immediately prior to surgery start and additional doses if the surgery last 6 hours. The antibiotic dosing follows the national surgical site infection protocol.
- I confirmed my name and date of birth with my healthcare team
- I confirmed my surgery with my healthcare team
- I made sure the correct site of my surgery was marked
- I confirmed my allergies with my healthcare team
- I understood and signed the consent forms
나는 보통 수술 후 방문에서 수술 후 1-2 일과 함께 회복실에서 환자와 대화하여 수술 방법을 설명합니다.
The antibiotics are stopped within 48 hours of surgery.
Discuss with your surgeon.
You will have sequential compression devices applied to your legs prior in induction of anesthesia. You will be encouraged to stand up and walk as soon as possible after surgery.
You may eat and drink after surgery. Start with a soft, bland diet.
You need to have instructions reviewed with a responsible adult.
수술 전에 채우는 마약 진통제 처방약을 받게됩니다. 필요한 경우 IV 진통제를받을 수 있습니다.
원하는 약국을 의사 나 간호사에게 알리십시오. Compazine과 같은 비 마약 약물은 전자식으로 보낼 수 있지만 마약 성 진통제는 인쇄하여 약국에 직접 전달해야합니다.
예, 수술 전과 수술 후 피해야 할 약 목록을 받게됩니다. 의사가 승인 할 때까지 NSAIDS, 이부프로펜 또는 아스피린을 복용하지 마십시오.
Just keep your wound clean and dry.
예, 수술 전 지침에서 수술 후 지침을 검토합니다. 초기 붕대를 제거한 후, 폴리스 포린 또는 비타민 E를 매일 두 번 절개 부위에 바르십시오.
Keep your face elevated and ice.
You will follow up a day or two after surgery. Following this weekly appointment until you are fully recovered.
Your bandages will be removed at your first follow-up appointment.
The sutures in front of the ear are typically removed at one week and the sutures behind the ear are removed at two weeks.
You should avoid bending over or heavy lifting for two weeks.
You should avoid bending over or heavy lifting for two weeks.
You may resume sexual activity at two to three weeks.
For most clients, you may return to work after one week. If you need to do heavy lifting or if you are in front of the camera the time requirement may be longer.
You may drive once you stop taking narcotic pain medication and you feel capable of driving.
- Make sure my healthcare team wash their hands before and after my care
- I will not wait until my pain is severe before asking for pain medication
- I will sit on the edge of the bed for a few minutes before I stand up to prevent getting dizzy
- I will not get out of bed without help if I feel weak or dizzy
- I understand which medications I am taking while in the hospital
- I will ask the healthcare team if I received blood thinners to prevent blood clots
- Spend at least 6 hours out of bed
- Walk around in the hallway
- I will start eating and drinking as recommended
- Check with my healthcare team about which medications I should take at home
- My prescription medications have been filled and I know when and how to take them
- I will ask my healthcare team how to care for myself and my incision at home
- I have scheduled my post-op appointment
- I have a ride home today and someone will stay with me tonight
- 화씨 100.4도 이상의 열이 있습니다.
- 숨가쁨 또는 흉통이 있음
- 수술 절개 부위의 발적, 부기, 따뜻함 또는 통증이 증가한 것을 알 수 있습니다
- 절개가 분리되거나 절개에서 퇴원에 감염된 것을 알 수 있습니다.
- Your bandages are repeatedly soaked through with blood
- You have persistent stiffness, numbness/tingling, or weakness of your face
- 기존 진통제가 통제 할 수없는 통증이 있습니다
Please ensure that you..
- know when and how to take my medications at home
- will not drive while on prescription pain medications
- will keep my incision clean and dry
- will call my doctor if I have any questions about recovery or feel something is not right
- will go to the post-op appointment with my healthcare team
- will avoid strenuous exercise and heavy lifting as long as my healthcare team advises
- will follow my healthcare team’s instructions on bathing and swimming
- will follow my doctor’s instructions on when to resume daily activities and sexual activity
- will elevate my head when laying down to reduce swelling in my face
- will use cold compresses on my face to reduce swelling for the first two days
- will not smoke as it could delay healing
- will avoid wearing clothing that is worn by going over my head