FAQ: Forehead lift
To reverse facial aging, fine lines, wrinkles and furrow lines. The surgery will help to change an aging square face to more V shape youthful face and to restore the overall appearance of the face.
Forehead lift will set back the clock. There will be fewer wrinkles on the forehead and it will reverse back to a more youthful V shape, firmer and more balance. The forehead will appear smoother and younger.
The risks and complications are similar to other aesthetic surgery. They include local such as skin ischemia and loss and this is more common in smoker, hematoma, and nerve injury asymmetry. The systemic complications include blood clot and PE and other aesthesia risks. In healthy patients in the hands of board-certified Plastic Surgeons, the complication rates are in fact not very high.
Skin care, chemical peels and laser can improve a youthful look with no significant downtime. Botox and filler injections can have a high impact on lines but need to be repeated in intervals.
I usually use local anesthesia with IV sedation.
The forehead lift is done in the subcutaneous plane and the skin is separated from the deep tissue I then mobilize and use resuspend the SMAS. Fat is then used to restore areas where fat and volume at lost due to aging.
The incision length varies with the degree of skin excess. Generally the incision begins at the temporal region extending the edge of the side burn, hugs the inside of the ear, follows the crease of the earlobe and ends in the posterior ear crease.
The incision is planned to maintain the natural hairline and sideburn in their current position. An elevated sideburn is not a youthful look. The hairline behind the ear is not disturbed either.
This surgical should not affect muscle movement. The immediate tightness from shifting the SMAS and subcutaneous dissection usually improves within the first few weeks after surgery.
Yes. There are photos on the website and more in the office or during consultation.
Yes. Forehead lift is often performed in conjunction with a face-lift to provide a smoother overall look to the face. Blepharoplasty, fat transfer to the face, chemical peels and laser are commonly done at the same time.
Because skin is excised and SMAS are shifted and tighten, your results will last many years and longer. It also helps if you maintain your skin with skin care products, no smoking, and sun avoidance. Periodic treatments with no invasive procedures such as Botox, fillers, micro laser or chemical peels and IPL can keep your look youthful look. If you lose significant weight, your results may loosen.
Please contact my office for the information.
You will have dressing on your head after surgery.
You should have a normal working appearance at ten days to two weeks.
The majority of the swelling and bruising resolves within ten days to two weeks.
Your face will feel numbness and tight after surgery. The incision may be slightly tender or itchy.
Pain is usually very minimal after surgery. My patients usually do not need to take any narcotic after 72 hours.
You will discuss postoperative pain control with the surgeon at your postoperative appointment with your surgeon and receive a prescription.
There will be scars hidden under the chin, temporal region, under the side burn, inside the ear, and behind the ear.
My patients usually go home once they have recovered from the anesthesia.
You should plan on recovering at home for one week. You cannot plan for heavy exercise for two to three weeks.
You may drive once you stop taking narcotic pain medication and feel able to drive.
You may return to work as early as one week.
I usually use local anesthesia with IV sedation.
You will meet with the anesthesiologist prior to the surgery in the preoperative area. You may arrange to speak to an anesthesiologist by telephone prior to your surgery date.
Yes, your medication list will be reviewed during your consultation and your preoperative appointments. Please notify your surgeon of any changes or new medications at your preoperative appointment.
You should stop taking NSAIDS, phentermine and tamoxifen two weeks prior to surgery and hormones one week prior to surgery. Please discuss tamoxifen, steroids, antimetabolites, and blood thinners with the prescribing doctor prior to scheduling your surgery. Are you able to stop them temporarily? Are you healthy for an elective surgery with general anesthesia? Take your AM blood pressure medications with a sip of water the morning of surgery.
History and physical, EKG, CBC, and metabolic panel for patients over 55 years of age. Thyroid panel for patients with thyroid disorders.
수술 시작 최소 6 시간 전 또는 수술 전날 밤 자정까지는 식사를 중단하십시오.
예정된 수술 1 시간 30 분 전에 도착하십시오.
You can get the information on our website or call my office for directions.
예. 집으로 운전하고 수술 후 24 시간 동안 머 무르려면 성인이 필요합니다.
- 입원 기간 동안 필요할 수있는 개인 용품 준비
- 집과 직장에서 누군가가 책임을 돌 보도록 준비하십시오
그렇습니다. 처음 며칠 동안 운전, 무거운 짐을 키우고 애완 동물을 돌보는 데 도움을주십시오.
- 누군가가 병원에서 집으로 데려다 줄 수 있도록 준비하십시오
Yes, you cannot drive yourself home after forehead lift.
- 수술 후 첫날 밤 누군가와 함께있을 수 있도록 준비하십시오
집으로 운전하고 수술 후 24 시간 동안 머 무르려면 성인이 필요합니다.
- 다른 질문이 있으면 의사에게 연락하십시오
- 수술 후 10 일 이내에 아프면 의사에게 알리십시오 (감기와 같은 경미한 질병도)
- Stop eating and drinking at least 6 hours before the start of surgery or by midnight the night before surgery.
- 수술 24 시간 전에 술을 마시지 마십시오. 수술하기 최소 6 주 전에 담배를 피우지 마십시오.
- 의사의 연락처 정보가 있는지 확인하십시오
You will receive the after-hours number in your postoperative instructions.
- 방문객을 위해 병원 / 사무실로가는 지시 사항이 있는지 확인하십시오
You will receive the surgery location and directions at your preoperative appointment.
- 병원 / 병원에 단추가 달린 셔츠와 느슨한 옷을 입으십시오
Wear easy to dress clothing such as loose pants with an elastic waistband and a comfortable shirt with a zip up front.
Approximately 4 to 6 hours.
일반적으로 수술실에서 1 시간 이내에 회복실에서.
You will receive IV antibiotic immediately prior to surgery start and additional doses if the surgery last 6 hours. The antibiotic dosing follows the national surgical site infection protocol.
- Make sure your identity has been confirmed with name and date of birth
Your driver’s license or identity will need to be verified at your appointment and at the surgery center.
- Make sure your procedure has been confirmed
Review the surgery specifics at your preoperative appointment and again the day of surgery.
- Make sure the correct site of your surgery has been marked
You will be marked while you are awake in the preoperative area. Communicate with your surgeon.
- 알레르기 및 부작용 확인
- 사전 동의 양식을 이해하고 서명했는지 확인하십시오
나는 보통 수술 후 방문에서 수술 후 1-2 일과 함께 회복실에서 환자와 대화하여 수술 방법을 설명합니다.
The antibiotics are stopped within 48 hours of surgery.
Discuss with your surgeon.
You will have sequential compression devices applied to your legs prior in induction of anesthesia. You will be encouraged to stand up and walk as soon as possible after surgery.
You may eat and drink after surgery. Start with a soft, bland diet.
You need to have instructions reviewed with a responsible adult.
You need to meet all the discharge criteria before you can go home.
You will receive narcotic pain pill prescription to fill prior to surgery. You may receive IV pain medication if you need
원하는 약국을 의사 나 간호사에게 알리십시오. Compazine과 같은 비 마약 약물은 전자식으로 보낼 수 있지만 마약 성 진통제는 인쇄하여 약국에 직접 전달해야합니다.
예, 수술 전과 수술 후 피해야 할 약 목록을 받게됩니다. 의사가 승인 할 때까지 NSAIDS, 이부프로펜 또는 아스피린을 복용하지 마십시오.
Just keep you wound clean and dry.
예, 수술 전 지침에서 수술 후 지침을 검토합니다. 초기 붕대를 제거한 후, 폴리스 포린 또는 비타민 E를 매일 두 번 절개 부위에 바르십시오.
Keep your face elevated and ice.
You will follow up a day or two after surgery. Following this weekly appointment until you are fully recovered.
Your bandages will be removed at your first follow-up appointment.
The sutures in front of the ear are typically removed at one week and the sutures behind the ear are removed at two weeks.
You should avoid bending over or heavy lifting for two weeks.
You may resume sexual activity at two to three weeks.
For most clients, you may return to work after one week. If you need to do heavy lifting or if you are in front of the camera the time requirement may be longer.
You may drive once you stop taking narcotic pain medication and you feel capable of driving.
- Make sure your care providers wash their hands before and after your care
- Do not wait until your pain is severe before you ask for pain medication
- Make sure the call button is within reach before medical staff leave the room
- Sit on the edge of the bed for a few minutes before you stand up to prevent getting dizzy
- Do not get out of bed without help if you feel weak or dizzy
- 화씨 100.4도 이상의 열이 있습니다.
- 숨가쁨 또는 흉통이 있음
- 수술 절개 부위의 발적, 부기, 따뜻함 또는 통증이 증가한 것을 알 수 있습니다
- 절개가 분리되거나 절개에서 퇴원에 감염된 것을 알 수 있습니다.
- Your bandages are repeatedly soaked through with blood
- You have persistent stiffness, numbness/tingling, or weakness of your face
- 기존 진통제가 통제 할 수없는 통증이 있습니다
- Take pain and other medications as prescribed. Narcotic pain medications impair your ability to drive.
- 처방전 진통제 복용시 운전하지 마십시오
- You may bath but do not submerge your surgical site.
- 수술 후 10 일 동안 목욕하거나 몸을 담그지 마십시오.
- Keep your incision clean and dry
- Elevate your head when laying down to reduce swelling in your face
- Use cold compresses on your face to reduce swelling
Yes, apply ice to face and neck as much as possible for at least the first two days.
- Smoking is dangerous for facelift. You should discuss with your surgeon if you not able to quit smoking at least 4 weeks before and 4 weeks after surgery. Skin necrosis, difficulty healing, unsatisfactory result, and unsightly scarring can result from smoking.
- 의사가 조언하는 한 격렬한 운동과 무거운 짐을 피하십시오
- Avoid wearing clothing that is worn by going over your head
- Follow your doctor’s instructions on resuming normal daily activities
- Follow your doctor’s instructions on resuming sexual activity