FAQ: Neck Lift
To reverse facial aging, sagging and heavy jowls and neck laxity. The surgery will help to change an aging square face to more V shape youthful face and to restore areas of the face that are hallowing from aging.
Facelift (necklift) will set back the clock. The cheeks will be more balance and reverse back to a more youthful V shape, firmer and more balance. The neck and jawline will appear smoother and younger.
The risks and complications are similar to other aesthetic surgery. They include local such as skin ischemia and loss and this is more common in smoker, hematoma, and nerve injury asymmetry. The systemic complications include blood clot and PE and other aesthesia risks. In healthy patients in the hands of board-certified Plastic Surgeons, the complication rates are in fact not very high.
Skin care, chemical peels and laser can improve a youthful look with no significant downtime. Botox and filler injections can have a high impact on lines but need to be repeated in intervals.
Laser liposuction of the neck or subdermal tightening with the laser fiber can improve the jaw and neckline without the incisions, general anesthesia, or recovery of facelift. Fat transfer to the face can soften the stigmata of aging and restore volume to depleted cheeks and lips. These surgical options can be done in the office with local anesthesia.
If you choose not to have the procedure done, you have other alternative to choose from (nonsurgical or surgical).
This type of procedure is cosmetic and thus is not mandatory. It is dependent on when the patient is ready to go through with the procedure. The patient may explore other nonsurgical/surgical options in the meantime to see which procedure is best suited to their needs/expectations.
The facelift is done in the subcutaneous plane and the skin is separated from the deep tissue I then mobilize and use resuspend the SMAS. Fat is then used to restore areas where fat and volume are lost due to aging.
Your jaw line should not be affected by this surgery. It should remain in the same orientation as before. The jaw line will be more distinct and define, giving the patient a more youthful look.
Yes. There are photos on the website and more in the office.
Yes. There are photos on the website and more in the office.
Yes. Blepharoplasty, fat transfer to the face, chemical peels and laser are commonly done at the same time.
Because skin is excised and SMAS are shifted and tighten, your results will last many years and longer. It also helps if you maintain your skin with skin care products, no smoking, and sun avoidance. Periodic treatments with no invasive procedures such as Botox, fillers, micro laser or chemical peels and IPL can keep your look youthful look. If you lose significant weight, your results may loosen.
Please contact my office for the information.
The incision length varies with the degree of skin excess. Generally the incision begins at the temporal region extending the edge of the side burn, hugs the inside of the ear, follows the crease of the earlobe and ends in the posterior ear crease.
There will be scars hidden under the chin, temporal region, under the side burn, inside the ear, and behind the ear.
Approximately 4-6 hours.
You will have dressing on your head and neck after surgery.
This surgical should not affect muscle movement. The immediate tightness from shifting the SMAS and subcutaneous dissection usually improves within the first few weeks after surgery.
This surgical should not affect your ability to swallow or eat.
Your neck will feel numbness and tight after surgery. The incision may be slightly tender or itchy.
The majority of the swelling and bruising resolves within ten days to two weeks.
You should have a normal working appearance at ten days to two weeks.
Pain is usually very minimal after surgery. My patients usually do not need to take any narcotic after 72 hours.
You will discuss postoperative pain control with the surgeon at your postoperative appointment with your surgeon and receive a prescription.
Because of the technique that I use, drains and tubes are usually not necessary unless it is of extraordinary situation.
My patients usually go home once they have recovered from the anesthesia.
You should plan on recovering at home for one week. You cannot plan for heavy exercise for two to three weeks.
You may drive once you stop taking narcotic pain medication and feel able to drive.
You may return to work as early as one week.
I usually use local anesthesia with IV sedation.
You will meet with the anesthesiologist prior to the surgery in the preoperative area. You may arrange to speak to an anesthesiologist by telephone prior to your surgery date.
Yes, your medication list will be reviewed during your consultation and your preoperative appointments. Please notify your surgeon of any changes or new medications at your preoperative appointment.
You should stop taking NSAIDS, phentermine and tamoxifen two weeks prior to surgery and hormones one week prior to surgery. Please discuss tamoxifen, steroids, antimetabolites, and blood thinners with the prescribing doctor prior to scheduling your surgery. Are you able to stop them temporarily? Are you healthy for an elective surgery with general anesthesia? Take your AM blood pressure medications with a sip of water the morning of surgery.
History and physical, EKG, CBC, and metabolic panel for patients over 55 years of age. Thyroid panel for patients with thyroid disorders.
수술 시작 최소 6 시간 전 또는 수술 전날 밤 자정까지는 식사를 중단하십시오.
예정된 수술 1 시간 30 분 전에 도착하십시오.
당신은 우리의 웹 사이트에 정보를 얻거나 지시를 내 사무실에 전화 할 수 있습니다.
예. 집으로 운전하고 수술 후 24 시간 동안 머 무르려면 성인이 필요합니다.
- 입원 기간 동안 필요할 수있는 개인 용품 준비
- Arrange for someone to take care of responsibilities at home and work. Arrange for help driving, heavy lifting, and caring for pets for the first few days.
- 누군가가 병원에서 집으로 데려다 줄 수 있도록 준비하십시오
- 수술 후 첫날 밤 누군가와 함께있을 수 있도록 준비하십시오
- 다른 질문이 있으면 의사에게 연락하십시오
- 수술 후 10 일 이내에 아프면 의사에게 알리십시오 (감기와 같은 경미한 질병도)
- Stop eating and drinking at least 6 hours before the start of surgery or by midnight the night before surgery.
- 수술 24 시간 전에 술을 마시지 마십시오. 수술하기 최소 6 주 전에 담배를 피우지 마십시오.
- 의사의 연락처 정보가 있는지 확인하십시오
You will receive the after-hours number in your postoperative instructions.
- 방문객을 위해 병원 / 사무실로가는 지시 사항이 있는지 확인하십시오
- 병원 / 병원에 단추가 달린 셔츠와 느슨한 옷을 입으십시오
Wear easy to dress clothing such as loose pants with an elastic waistband and a comfortable shirt with a zip up front.
Approximately 4 to 6 hours.
일반적으로 수술실에서 1 시간 이내에 회복실에서.
You will receive IV antibiotic immediately prior to surgery start and additional doses if the surgery last 6 hours. The antibiotic dosing follows the national surgical site infection protocol.
- Make sure your identity has been confirmed with name and date of birth
Your driver’s license or identity will need to be verified at your appointment and at the surgery center.
- Make sure you have confirmed the surgery you are having. Review the surgery specifics at your preoperative appointment and again the day of surgery.
- Make sure the correct site of your surgery has been marked
- 알레르기 및 부작용 확인
- 사전 동의 양식을 이해하고 서명했는지 확인하십시오
나는 보통 수술 후 방문에서 수술 후 1-2 일과 함께 회복실에서 환자와 대화하여 수술 방법을 설명합니다.
The antibiotics are stopped within 48 hours of surgery.
Discuss with your surgeon.
Drains and tubes are not used in the procedure.
You may eat and drink after surgery. Start with a soft, bland diet.
My procedure is usually as an outpatient and you will be staying for a few hours after. I only let my patient go home if they are ready.
You need to meet all the discharge criteria before you can go home.
수술 전에 채우는 마약 진통제 처방약을 받게됩니다. 필요한 경우 IV 진통제를받을 수 있습니다.
The incision should be clean and dry.
Just keep your wound clean and dry.
예, 수술 전 지침에서 수술 후 지침을 검토합니다. 초기 붕대를 제거한 후, 폴리스 포린 또는 비타민 E를 매일 두 번 절개 부위에 바르십시오.
Keep your face elevated and ice.
원하는 약국을 의사 나 간호사에게 알리십시오. Compazine과 같은 비 마약 약물은 전자식으로 보낼 수 있지만 마약 성 진통제는 인쇄하여 약국에 직접 전달해야합니다.
예, 수술 전과 수술 후 피해야 할 약 목록을 받게됩니다. 의사가 승인 할 때까지 NSAIDS, 이부프로펜 또는 아스피린을 복용하지 마십시오.
Just keep your wound clean and dry.
You may take a shower a day after the surgery.
I usually like to see my patients 24-48 hours after the surgery and followed by another one a week later.
The sutures in front of the ear are typically removed at one week and the sutures behind the ear are removed at two weeks.
Your bandages will be removed at your first follow-up appointment.
You should avoid bending over or heavy lifting for two weeks.
For most clients, you may return to work after one week. If you need to do heavy lifting or if you are in front of the camera the time requirement may be longer.
You may drive once you stop taking narcotic pain medication and you feel capable of driving.
You may resume sexual activity at two to three weeks.
- Make sure your care providers wash their hands before and after your care
- Do not wait until your pain is severe before you ask for pain medication
- Make sure the call button is within reach before medical staff leave the room
- Sit on the edge of the bed for a few minutes before you stand up to prevent getting dizzy
- Do not get out of bed without help if you feel weak or dizzy
- 화씨 100.4도 이상의 열이 있습니다.
- 숨가쁨 또는 흉통이 있음
- 수술 절개 부위의 발적, 부기, 따뜻함 또는 통증이 증가한 것을 알 수 있습니다
- 절개가 분리되거나 절개에서 퇴원에 감염된 것을 알 수 있습니다.
- 드레싱이 반복적으로 피에 스며 들었습니다.
- You have persistent stiffness, numbness/tingling, or weakness of your neck
- 기존 진통제가 통제 할 수없는 통증이 있습니다
- 처방 된대로 통증 및 기타 약물 복용
- 처방전 진통제 복용시 운전하지 마십시오
Narcotic pain medications impair your ability to drive.
- Do not soak in a bath or go swimming for ten days after your surgery. You may bath but do not submerge your surgical site.
- Keep your incision clean and dry
- Keep your head elevated when laying down to reduce the swelling in your neck
- Use cold compresses on your neck to reduce swelling. Apply ice to face and neck as much as possible for at least the first two days.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions on caring for any bandages you may have
- Follow your doctor’s instructions on any drains or tubes you may go home with
- Avoid wearing clothing that is worn by going over your head and tight around the neck
- Smoking is dangerous for facelift. You should discuss with your surgeon if you not able to quit smoking at least 4 weeks before and 4 weeks after surgery. Skin necrosis, difficulty healing, unsatisfactory result, and unsightly scarring can result from smoking.
- 의사가 조언하는 한 격렬한 운동과 무거운 짐을 피하십시오
- Follow your doctor’s instructions on resuming normal daily activities
- Follow your doctor’s instructions on resuming sexual activity